Friday, June 01, 2007

a new strategy for a new season

Having three little ones has changed up our offensive/defensive parenting strategy a bit. I took off this week to stick around the house a little more as Avi came home and we all begin to get adjusted. Our initial strategy has been a little more "zone" in nature. Charissa has zoned in "man-to-man" (or... Woman-to-Baby) on Avi (beings she's the primary 'Milk-Supply,' while i've played "zone" with Micah & Naylah.

We've done everything from smashing bugs, chasing robins, long bike rides, trips to multiple parks and Tuesday for Naylah's first time - went to play Putt-Putt.

You know you've entered into a new stage of life when - as you're driving down the road you pass a playground and think to yourself, "Whoa... Now, that's a rock'n playground... I've gotta bring the kids here. I can't say I ever thought I would become a full-time scout for play-scapes, splash-pads, and side-walks suitable for training-wheels. But I must say I have one keen sense of discernment with dexterity when it comes to scoping'em out.

No comments: