Monday, May 21, 2007

Philippians: What if I forget...?


What’s your biggest fear when it comes to getting in front of people?

I had this thought as I was driving in Sunday morning... “What if I forget... What if I totally draw a mental blank and can’t remember a word... verse... or worst yet... a whole passage?”

These thoughts came quick and as they did they were accompanied with several layers of emotion... not so much the nervousness of getting in front of people... per se... but simply going blank...

Fortunately this only persisted for a few moments...

I resolved... “I know this book... I’ve spent ample time in it... and the very last thing did last night was to say it to myself without rift... I know it’s in there somewhere within... therefore the best thing I can do is trust I’ve done my part - and even more so trust that the Holy Spirit is an active agent in my life...”

God is faithful... Perhaps part of what Paul said in Philippians 1:6 regarding “He who began a good work within you, will carry on until completion...” has some daily practical traction to it...

No comments: