Monday, September 14, 2009

Bird's Eye View

This past Sunday marked my last day on staff at Southgate Church in South Bend, Indiana. It was an honor to speak on this day. The last twelve years at Southgate have taught me much. God has used this place and this community to challenge and develop me in more ways than I can express. I am truly grateful for the heart and direction of the leadership at Southgate and look forward to an on-going relationship in the days to come.

The following
is the video of the message given. It's a inter-weaving of some of the lessons I've been learning in this recent season of sensing God's direction for my future, as well as that of my family.


The greatest risk of all in life
, is taking no risks.

Life has way of domesticating our faith. Yet the life God has called us is often full of risk as we journey into the unknown. One of the images God gives to us in Scripture is that of the eagle. There is much we can learn about our walk with God as we explore elements of this penetrating image. *Credit for the balance beam idea goes to Francis Chan.

No comments: