Saturday, March 18, 2006

The Kingdom Within



In my spirit, where the Spirit of Christ has united Himself within me, the Kingdom of God is established. In His Kingdom Within, in the Secret Place of the Most High, there the Spirit glorifies Jesus and reveals Him. The very life of Christ is in the Kingdom within and permeates every recess of my spirit. The Lord Jesus reigns there in total sovereignty. His glory is thick, weighty and rich and is manifested in the Light and Fragrance of Christ. In the Kingdom Within the surpassing greatness of the power of the resurrected Lord is resident. The Spirit of Christ has all the gifts at His disposal for use to build and bless the Church. The perfect love of God has been poured out and saturates every fiber of my spirit. Holiness fills the Kingdom Within where no darkness can dwell in the light of His glory. This Light is the beautiful reflection from the face of Christ and illuminates the knowledge of Christ. I have gained the glory of the Lord Jesus. The essence of all that Jesus is has been added to me by the Spirit. It was for this purpose that He called me to Himself through the gospel. Here in the Kingdom Within I have the mind of Christ because His Spirit within has the mind of Christ. His thoughts, His intentions, His plans and His ways, His very likes and dislikes are known by the Holy Spirit within me. He alone knows the mind of God. The wisdom of God is Christ Himself and in Him are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

This Kingdom Within is ever-expanding within my soul and is made known to my awareness from glory to glory by the Spirit. This is part of the ministry of the Spirit to me. The ongoing revelation of who Jesus is within me causes my soul to be transformed into His likeness; for as I see Him, I become like Him in my soul-man. This is an ongoing process of continuous illumination. The domain of the Kingdom Within increases in that portion of my soul-man to the extent that I receive revelation of who He is and yield to His reign. Thus my mind is being transformed, my will is being conformed to His and my emotions are a growing expression of the fruit of the Spirit. This requires a daily death to my own soul-driven life. It is not about me, it is all about Jesus. The light of Christ from the Kingdom Within is ever expanding and driving out the darkness in my soul. The release of the fragrance is most powerful as the vessel is broken.

All of this has caused me to change my focal point, or reference point for determining who I really am. In the past my soul-man ( my mind, will and emotions) has been my focal point to determine who I was. From this view I often focused upon my inconsistencies and shortcomings -some of Christ and a lot of me. I have come to know that who I really am, the truest me, is not who I am in my soul-man. The true me is found where the Kingdom Within has been established. The deepest core within me is my spirit and that spirit has been born again and filled by the Spirit of the Lord. It is there that Christ dwells by the Holy Spirit. It is there, in the Kingdom Within, that Christ has called me to abide with Him. It is there that I no longer live, but it is His life that flows out of me. I am one with Him and He has established Himself there. The Kingdom Within is all about His pleasure and is a place for His glory. I fix my eyes of faith upon Jesus who is the author and perfecter of my faith. His mind is my mind in the Kingdom Within; His heart is my heart in the Kingdom within. I yield to Him and abide in Him in His fullness in the Kingdom Within. There the rivers of living water flow, the bread of life is offered freely and the life of God permeates every fiber. I truly am not of this world even as Christ is not of this world. I have become a new creation. The Spirit calls me to partake and impart what has been freely given in Christ. Therefore ministry becomes a release of the life of Christ within and He is the source of what I give to others. I truly am a fragrance of Christ in this world. The light of Christ within me is the light to the darkened world around me.

This faith declaration is true for each Spirit filled believer as we accept the work of the Spirit in us.

No comments: