Tuesday, May 17, 2005

And the Children Shall Lead Them...

Yesterday (Sunday), I was a part of one of the most powerful services ever (I know that sounds 'evangelistic', but it really was). We were in a small church in the country of Honduras. We were scheduled to do a Sunday morning service for adults. We had prayed and prepared for the service (Songs, dramas, testimonies, and message).

Then we arrived...

As we walked into the church, the santuary was filled, every pew... However, they were filled with children, not adults. There were about 120 kids, all under the age of 12. There were only about 5 adults. The service was to start in 15 minutes. The service we had planned was geared strictly for adults, not children. 12 minutes and counting.

Kids... "What can we do?" We asked ourselves. "What songs and skits can we do for kids? We have 1 1/2 hour to fill." This was our first response. We talked for a few minutes and then in a stir with no ideas and 120+ kids waiting for us...

"Let's pray...!" A couple of us stopped, grabbed hands and began to pray. "God, what do you want us to do?"

Instantly, God began to speak to us about what we should speak on...

There's nothing like, four people praying - and everyone hearing the same thing from the Holy Spirit......

(I"m sitting in the airport -- our plane is boarding.... ekkk i have to hurry).

The end of the story, 25 young kids filled the front of the sanctuary, each of them had heard the voice of God. "God just spoke to me... I'm to be a missionary." This boy was trembling as the Holy Spirit touched him, he fell down limp, and began to pray continously.... Another said, "God spoke to me regarding my family...I need to start obeying my mother." Another said, "God told me he wants me to preach to the children of this city." Another, "The Holy Spirit told me...He's called me to be a pastor."

The Holy Spirit was moving powerfully on these young children. The whole church was filled with a very special presence. And these little boys and girls were beginning to HEAR THE VOICE OF GOD SPEAK TO THEM....

How's that for growing in intimacy at a young age.

Two things impacted me yesterday. I am so thankful that we have a connection with the Holy Spirit that when PLANS CHANGE, He speaks clearly, and we are able to hear His re-Direction. And, it was an awesome experience to see these little one's begin to hear the Spirit speak to them.

No comments: