Monday, October 17, 2011

PRACTICING THE PRESENCE OF GOD :: PRAYER OF SURRENDER

PRAYER OF SURRENDER

A prayer of surrender is simply a point early each day when you give your day and self over to God.

It could be as simple as, “Today, this is Your day… Today, I am Yours… May Your Spirit lead, guide and prompt me throughout my day… May I be sensitive to Your prompting and respond accordingly… Today, I surrender my life to You…


A longer prayer could be something like:

JESUS, I am a humble, lowly servant. take me… all of me. 
Add anything, take anything away. at any cost. with any price. Make me yours completely… wholly. May I not be remembered for the way I wear my hair, or the shape of my face, or the people I know or the crowds I’ve addressed. May I be known for loving You… for carrying a dream…

For building bridges to the hurt and broken and lost in the world. 
Make me what You would be if You lived in person where I do. May everything accomplished through my simple life bring honor and glory to You. Take my human flaws and failures and use them to remind those who know me that only You are God and I will always just be fill-in-your-name.
Amen Prayer of Surrender – Author Unknown

ANOTHER PRAYER OF SURRENDER

I abandon myself into Your hands; do with me what You will. Whatever You do, I thank You; I am ready for all, I accept all. Let only Your will be done in me and in all Your creatures. I ask no more than this, my Lord. Into Your hands I commend my soul; I offer it to You all the love of my heart, for I love You, Lord, and so need to give myself into Your hands, without reserve and with boundless confidence. For You are my Father. Amen.
Charles de Foucauld

No comments: