Thursday, February 16, 2006

Intelligent Design

“For when David had served God's purpose in his own generation, he fell asleep.”
(Acts 13:36)

“From one man he made every nation of men,
that they should inhabit the whole earth;
and he determined the times set for them
and the exact places where they should live.”

(Acts 17:26)



These two verses offer us a powerful thought. When David had served God’s purpose in his own generation, he fell asleep, not one second before. The commentary on David’s life gives great insight into human existence. Reread the two passages. Underline, circle or list the various components outlined in them. What details are there?


“For when David had served God's purpose in his own generation, he fell asleep; he was buried with his fathers and his body decayed.”(Acts 13:36)

“From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.”
(Acts 17:26)


The author describes things like: God’s specific purpose, to be lived out in a specific generation (time), in a specific region or location.

Meditate...

Take a few moments and reflect on God’s purposes for your life?



Where are you at in your journey of discovering what these purposes are for you life?


“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” (Palm 139:14016)

No comments: