Sunday, January 15, 2006

Weekend Ponderings…

How Big A God Do You Have?
When Henry Norris Russell, Princeton astronomer, had concluded a lecture on the Milky Way, a woman came to him and asked:
“If our world is so little, and the universe is so great, can we believe that God pays any attention to us?”

Dr. Russell replied, “That depends, madam, entirely on how big a God you believe in.”[i]



“I don’t think you can be up here and look out the window as I did the first day and see the Earth from this vantage point, to look out at this kind of creation and not believe in God. To me, it’s impossible – it just strengthens my faith. I wish there were words to describe what it’s like.…truly awesome.”
JOHN GLENN
Broadcast from the DiscoverySpace Shuttle
on November 1, 1998


[i] Tan, P. L. 1996, c1979.

No comments: